Your Wildest Dreams
Once there was a little girl who:
- wanted nothing more than to be a happy and famous film star
- wanted to make her daddy so proud of her that she never had to worry about disappointing him (when she was imperfect)
- wished that she could figure out a way to make her mother happy because she could see how sad she really was underneath her flamboyant demeanor (hmm sounds a bit familiar)
- put her all into everything because she was brought up to believe she could be anything she dreamed of being, and was fully capable of being the best at everything she decided to be the best at
- started to realize she was different than her friends because people didn’t seem to really understand her inner world; they only saw the outer perfection
- started to see her success as a curse because the more she achieved, the more negative attention, judgment, bullying, threats, abuse, and isolation she experienced
- wished on every shooting star that she would grow up to be happy, healthy, and still achieve all her wildest dreams without having to feel any more pain or loss or hurt ever again
Life may not be a fairy tale, but it is so full of possibility and splendor when we learn how to take agency in our lives and live with intention. Stop hiding, stop pretending, stop trying.
—Let yourself fail
—Let yourself cry
—Let yourself let go
Have you ever stopped and taken a look back at that little girl or boy you used to be and asked them, “Is there anything you still need?”
Because you can make it happen! All you have to do is be honest with yourself and do what makes you happy. Not what other people expect. Happiness isn’t perfection or success, it’s connection to your personal truth.
This life is about your journey, and when you’re on the right and healthy path for YOU, good things happen. Take heed of the signs, and know that all the hurdles and discomforts and agony along the way were put there to bring you to this current juncture.
Because it’s a choice. Choose to be happy. Choose to give yourself what YOU need, every chance you get.
The right people will linger. Some will return pleasantly realigned, some depart. Don’t focus on the losses.
Keep going, you’re doing great! Just remember what your wildest dreams were made of. . .