Whether you call it counseling, coaching, or consultation you’re ready for a real life change in mindset and action. The main difference between them is the skills and training of who you talk to not what they label themselves.
Many aren’t professional mental health professionals, which I am. I want you to know you are coming to a safe place to talk to someone with over 13 years of clinical experience as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist with a PhD in Marriage and Family Counseling.
I specialize in mental health issues such as grief, emotional distress, trauma, family dysfunction, burnout, professional growth, other individual crises, marriage and relationship issues of all kinds.
We will open discussion by clarifying or expanding on any of the relevant information on your form and you can relay any questions you want to address specifically during your first hour.
Typically, there’s a three session duration for proper exploration of the foundation of our work together, but that is optional time you are not required to purchase.
Keep in mind that although significant shifts in energy can be expected in as little as one session, it is recommended that you continue to at least your third session to ensure enough opportunity to assess for effectiveness.
It is very hard to open up complex and challenging issues without the commitment of a minimum of three sessions. There are packages available if you’d like to purchase four or eight sessions at a time.
If something you want to address is outside my scope of practice, I will most certainly let you know. If you ever have any concerns with the manner in which you are treated, you have the right to stop sessions at any time, although I would like to discuss any issues with you first and refer you on to someone else that would be better suited to your needs. You don’t have to worry about upsetting me.
Over and above that, you may also contact the licensing body in Florida if you have any significant concerns about my professionalism. You can search my name in the directory here to verify my active and clear status.
These are the stages of work I’ll guide you through:
- Discovery: I’m going to explore with you what’s presently creating barriers to your optimal life and make connections to past patterns, events or influences.
- Analysis: We will work together to link current thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to not only these past habitual obstacles but to current modes of sabotage in order to free you from the limitations holding you back and accelerate you forward in your pursuit of fulfillment.
- Action Steps: We will customize practical ways you can implement new ideas into behaviors (or vice versa) so that you can see some effective outcomes soonest.
- Reinforcement: clarifying a pattern of new thoughts, feelings, and behaviors so that they become your internalized way of being and natural tendencies. Not having the process of accountability fortified by having a mentor at this juncture can make this process a waste of time and money. You have to get to this step in order to ensure that you will be able to take all of the changes forward on your own from here.
- Integration: this last step involves the holistic additive experience of being who you were, who you are, and who you want to be. You’re never escaping the past, or chasing the future, only leveraging the best elements and minimizing those you have decided to shed. This is self actualization.
This is not meant to be a long drawn out psychodynamic ordeal, this is going to be solution focused and time efficient. Expect to get uncomfortable and prepare to confront hard truth about yourself. If you’re not ready for that or the change anticipated due your being comfortable in your current familiar complacency, we can end at anytime. Be fore warned, even positive change can be difficult to accept because all change is uncomfortable at first and that’s why you need me to help you stick through to the end to help you access your ultimate fulfillment.
Just in case you aren’t sure if this is realistic, here are some reports from new client:
Click here for more: testimonials
Next Steps: Apply here for online counseling or coaching
I look forward to speaking with you!